what is precordial catch syndrome?
precordial catch syndrome It is also known as a Texidor’s twinge. this is very common experience in children and adolescents compare to adults. It can cause pain in the chest. Sometimes confused with a heart attack but the fact is similar symptoms leading them to panic.
precordial catch syndrome in adults
It is a syndrome that is begin and of unknown origin which has extreme pain, which can be last for thirty minutes or more, it resolves completely and quickly even without treatment given.
precordial catch syndrome symptoms
Persons who were diagnosed to have this syndrome were reported the following symptoms:
- Popping sensation when breathing deeply
- Sudden onset
- Pain which is needle-like
- Stabbing pain
- Dull pain
- Annoying pain
- Pain is exacerbated through breathing deeply
- Anterior chest pain
- Sharp pain
- Pain upon movement
- Pain upon breathing
- Localized pain
- Momentary visual loss
- Blurry vision
- Sudden resolution
- Ripping sensation when breathing deeply
- Complete resolution
- No other associated symptoms
- Muscle cramps
- No other abnormal physical findings
- Pain last for 30 seconds to 3 minutes
- Muscle spasm
- Dull ache after the pain is gone
precordial catch syndrome causes
What causes precordial catch syndrome? The persons who have Precordial Catch syndrome (PCS) have an unknown cause, the ones who discovered this syndrome, suggests that the pain originates in the parietal pleura of a person which is located in the lungs and that pain originates from brief muscle spasm, which may be relieved after the spasm is released.
This pain does not originate from the cardiac region which makes it different from the heart stroke. Another cause is that it leads to experiencing the syndrome is that it is a nerve being pinching. The physician believes that heavy activity can cause the person to experience this pain.
precordial catch syndrome treatment
- Whenever the Precordial Catch syndrome (PCS) happens, and breath shallowly
- Lie on the bed with the person’s face turning in a down position
- Take sudden deep breathing, even though it is painful but is good in relieving muscle spasm
- There is no need to use any kind of medication to relieve syndrome, as mentioned above, this kind of syndrome happens very fast and in a short period, the maximum of 3 minutes only. When the diagnosis is done correctly, the fear is relieved.
precordial catch syndrome Prevention
The risk factor of this of syndrome based on persons with having a sedentary lifestyle. Hence, it is suggested that to prevent experiencing the syndrome, we need to do exercise for the active and healthy lifestyle. There is absolutely no need to panic.